Monday, October 28, 2013

Are you ready?

I think one of the things friends have asked me a lot about these past few months is my relationship status. And my answer is always.. "wala eh." I don't actually mind, most of the time. I think being single is very liberating and well, sets me apart from a lot of adults my age. Honestly, though, I don't think I am ready to be un-single. To be associated with someone else. To be in a relationship.

"Bakit di ka pa ready?" 

One close guy friend of mine just asked me earlier. I told him because I have a lot of things planned for myself and in all those plans, being in a harmonious marriage, sits last. I want to give back to my parents. I have dreams for them. At this point in time, I also feel like neither my family nor myself are ready for me to settle down.

All that said, maybe this is His way of telling me that I have to wait for His plans for me. Maybe I am not ready because I really shouldn't be anything but single now. I trust Him. Marriage is a blessing from Him and so, I wait.

Assalamualaikum =)

No comments:

Post a Comment