Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Mini Review: Inside Out

I'm probably the last person to recommend an animated film because it's not usually my cup of tea, although I have a few favorites (Up, The Book of Life, Tangled, Frozen, Big Hero 6).. But I just cannot let you not know about this film. You might have seen countless of posts related to this movie popping in and out on your social medias because it is sooooo good, and yes, it's been a couple of days since I have first watched it but I am still affected. Well played, Pixar.. well played.


(Left to right: Fear, Sadness, Joy, Disgust and Anger)

This animated film features the different emotions that live inside Riley's head, (and/or brain,) the "headquarters," -- Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust. As Riley grows, so as her collection of memory spheres that gets stored, and then, there are these so-called "core memories" (like the very first time she opened her eyes to the world and sees her parents, the first time she scored a goal playing hockey with her dad and a lot more) which are significant memories/achievements that eventually develop her personality. The conflict comes in when Riley's family moves to another city because of her dad's work as it stressed Riley and her emotions.. and something happens with all those "core memories."  

The movie will take you down memory lane, well, that's the case for me. It took me back to my childhood/pre-teen years and all these internal conflicts that I struggled with (still struggling with). And there was this part, I have no recollection of it whatsoever (but maybe I did have/go through), that just tugged at my already vulnerable heart strings. 

No spoilers on here (just don't read "The Sunday Currently" post before this review). I'll just leave it at that. 


So if you haven't seen it, go watch it. You will never regret it!



(Me: lights off, grabs a bag of M&M's, rewatches Inside Out, probably bawl my eyes out in a bit #shameless)


(Photo not mine, credits to owner)  

No comments:

Post a Comment